Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Projects

 


 I am moving soon and decided to paint our furniture instead of buying new pieces. There are instructions ALL OVER Pinterest on how to paint furniture, which was a little overwhelming. We decided to use a stain and primer that doesn't require sanding that saved a ton of time. It has still been extremely time consuming though. There are 3 pieces and I, of course, decided to stain the tops and parts of the drawers. I will confess now: I am not good at painting or staining. I'm actually pretty horrible at staining. It seems pretty simple self explanatory but there is definitely a technique to it. They aren't perfect and I'm still working but everything seems to be coming along pretty well so far. I will be sure to post completed pictures! I'll just be happy when it's over.


I planted this impulse buy a few weeks ago and it now lives on the front porch. Succulents are pretty main stream and cliché right now but I still stand by them.
1. They are beautiful and come in so many different shapes, sizes and colors.
2. You only water them once every 2 weeks or something crazy like that. Low maintenance is my kind of plant. That's also why I do not have a dog yet.
3. They look great with all other plants/flowers.
Basically, I'm obsessed with succulents.

I have another turtle walk coming up this Thursday night. Cross your fingers that we see another mama turtle. It would also be nice not to stay on the beach until 1:00 a.m. so cross your fingers for that too. Georgia Sea Turtle Center

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!

I'm very excited that we're headed to Sanibel, FL for the holiday! Hello, white sand beaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment